1. Bathe and wear clean clothes before you enter the sanctum shrine of Lord Sri Kanchi Kamakshi.
2. Concentrate on Lord Sri Kanchi Kamakshi inside the temple.
3. Observe absolute silence and chant “mantra inside the temple.
4. Respect ancient customs and usages while at Kamakshi Temple.
5. Follow the procedures of the temple and wait for your turn for the darshan of the Lord.
1.Don't carry much jewellery and cash with you.
2. Don't wear footwear in and around the premises of the temple.
3. Don't approach touts for accommodation and darshan.
4.Don't throw away the prasadam and teertham given to you at the temple.
5. Don't rush in for darshan instead of waiting for your turn in the queue.
6. Don't commit any act of violence or harshness in the temple premises.
7. Carrying of weapons & ammunition to Temple is prohibited and pilgrims in possession of licensed weapons / ammunition should declare the same at check point and submit all the concerned documents and failure to do so will invite legal action.